Picking the right golf shoes is extremely important. Not only will the right pair help you play golf better, but it will also ensure your feet’s comfort in and out of the course. So if you still haven’t picked one yet, best consider Under Armour Men’s HOVR Matchplay Golf Shoes. But is buying these Under Armor men’s golf shoes truly worth it? To find out, you need to take a deep look at the HOVR Matchplay Golf Shoes. That way, you’ll learn everything there is to know about this footwear before grabbing a pair. Let’s get started!
About UA Men’s HOVR Matchplay Golf Shoes
First released in 2019, UA Men’s HOVR Matchplay Golf Shoes is specially designed to provide optimized golf shoe performance. Not only does it promise to ensure your feet’s comfort, but it guarantees energy return and improved traction as well.
- Style #: 3022760
- Color: White, Black, Gray
- Weight: 14.1 ounces
- Material: 100% Synthetic
- Size: 7 to 15 inches
Notable Features of UA’s HOVR Matchplay Golf Shoes
As with other Under Armor men’s golf shoes out there, the HOVR Matchplay comes decked with several fantastic features you won’t enjoy elsewhere. These include:
UA’s HOVR™ Cushioning
This patented cushioning system enables the Matchplay Golf Shoes to return your energy, allowing you to make more powerful swings and strokes at the green. It also supports the natural motion of your foot, as well as eliminate some of the unpleasant effects brought by your club’s impact.
Breathable Microfiber Uppers
These Under Armor men’s golf shoes come with breathable microfiber uppers as well. This helps ensure your feet’s comfort by improving air circulation in the footwear, and by minimizing the heat accumulating within.
Lightweight Waterproof Membranes
At the same time, the Matchplay Shoes also feature lightweight waterproof membranes. This keeps water and moisture out, while simultaneously making sure the footwear stays featherweight. This maximizes comfort for your feet and minimizes the strain that comes from standing all day.
Compression Mesh Energy Webs
To further support the Matchplay’s HOVR foams, the shoes are lined with compression mesh Energy Webs. This is the part that enables the Under Armor men’s golf shoes to absorb the energy you release during impact, as well as the shock received whenever the club hits the ball or the turf. Additionally, these webs are responsible for making sure the cushioning system stays in place.
UA Rotational Resistance Spikes
To help improve the Under Armour Men’s HOVR Matchplay Golf Shoes’ grip with the ground, each pair comes with UA’s Rotational Resistance Spikes. Unlike other spikes from other brands, these ones are smaller to the point of being negligible. It practically makes the Matchplay look spineless! Nevertheless, it will help you maintain decent horizontal traction at the course without compromising your comfort.
Durable Rubber Outsoles
Lastly, the HOVR Matchplay Golf Shoes feature durable rubber outsoles to increase wear resistance and extend contraction stability. It also helps make the footwear become more waterproof. But more importantly, it makes the shoes easier to break in.
Pros and Cons of the Under Armour Men’s HOVR Matchplay Golf Shoes
With so many amazing features to offer, you would think UA’s HOVR Matchplay Golf Shoes are flawless and perfect. But like many of the best golf shoes for walking, it has its downsides. So before buying a pair, you should get to know some of its strengths and weaknesses first.
- Superb Comfort. The Matchplay is quite comfortable for a spiked golfing footwear. This is largely thanks to its HOVR cushioning, lightweight membranes, and breathable microfibers. Moreover, since the spikes are too small to notice, you can wear it outside the course without looking too outlandish or unfashionable.
- Impressive Traction. The Rotational Resistance Spikes featured in this Under Armor men’s golf shoes also allows you to maintain good grip and traction at the greens. It doesn’t matter how rough the terrain of the golf course is. Even if it’s raining hard during your game, you’ll still be able to play your best with these shoes.
- E Sizing Features. UA’s HOVR Matchplay Golf Shoes are available in various sizes. But to accommodate golfers with wide feet, it also comes in E sizing.
- Improved Golf Play. Since it contains UA’s signature HOVR Cushioning system and compression mesh Energy Webs, it allows you to make more powerful swings with your clubs. This helps you make the ball fly at longer distances and higher altitudes, as well as grants you better club control.
- Sleek, Classy Footwear. Then there’s the fact that the Under Armour Men’s HOVR Matchplay Golf Shoes are visually appealing. By wearing this footwear, you’ll look really good while flexing and swinging your golf clubs.
- Clarino Microfiber Finish. While the Matchplay’s Clarino Microfiber Finish keeps the shoes from getting dirty too fast (as well as makes it easier to wipe clean), not everyone finds it visually appealing.
- Not as Breathable as Advertised. Although this Under Armor men’s golf shoes is indeed waterproof, it’s not as breathable as promised in the ads. Combined with its price tag, this may put you off from buying a pair, especially if you want top-notch footwear.
- Limited Color Options. Since the Under Armour Men’s HOVR Matchplay Golf Shoes are only available in gray, black and white, your color options are pretty limited. However, they can still go well with most of your golf outfits.
How We Rate the Under Armour Men’s HOVR Matchplay Golf Shoes
Aside from its pros and cons, you need to judge a golf shoe based on a variety of factors, including style, material, and functionality. To make things easier for you, we decided to test out the Under Armour Men’s HOVR Matchplay Golf Shoes ourselves. And below is our rating for the product based on several factors.
Spikes (5 out of 5)
Spiked golf shoes offer different benefits from their spikeless counterparts. But thanks to its Rotational Resistance Spikes, UA’s Matchplay golf shoes offer the best of both. That is, it offers improved traction and grip, while simultaneously guaranteeing your feet’s comfort. Furthermore, the spikes are too small to make the shoes stick out like a sore thumb. The only downside about them is that they are not replaceable.
Style (4 out of 5)
Say what you will about its limited color options, but UA’s Matchplay Golf Shoes are still stylish enough to make you look good while playing golf. With its sleek, classy look, you’ll really look snazzy everytime you swing your clubs. And while its microfiber uppers’ Clarino finish isn’t for everyone, it’s still useful enough to keep grass stains and dirt from your footwear. Plus, since its spikes are too small, you can wear it outside the course without looking weird or out of place.
Material (5 out of 5)
The Under Armour Men’s HOVR Matchplay Golf Shoes is made from 100% synthetic materials. This makes the footwear extremely breathable, albeit not as advertised. Flexibility is also not an issue with the MatchPlay footwear, as you can easily break a new pair in and wear it on rough terrains.
Water Resistance (5 out of 5)
Thanks to its lightweight waterproof membranes, these Under Armor men’s golf shoes are extremely water resistant. Even if you’re playing during the rainy season, this footwear is sturdy enough to keep the water out. At the same time, it minimizes the moisture in your feet to increase comfort.
Stability (4 out of 5)
Certain footwear can outperform the HOVR Matchplay Golf Shoes in terms of stability. Nevertheless, it can still give you a relatively solid grip and footing at the greens. With its Rotational Resistance Spikes, you can easily navigate any terrain even if it’s raining. And thanks to its rubber soles, the footwear has increased wear resistance.
Functionality (5 out of 5)
As far as functionality goes, the HOVR Matchplay Golf Shoes perform pretty well. For one thing, its midfoot is rigid enough to ensure stability. It also provides ample support to your ankles, as well as flexible forefoot for optimal performance. And its low-profile spikes guarantee enough traction.
Versatility (5 out of 5)
Like other Under Armor men’s golf shoes, the HOVR Matchplay is versatile enough to wear outside the course. Since its spikes are smaller than those in other golf footwear, they won’t make you look outlandish or weird if you don it at other events. You can even use it as running shoes, in case you’re in the mood for a morning jog.
Value (5 out of 5)
At $140, the HOVR Matchplay Golf Shoes are relatively affordable compared to other footwear. With so many great features to offer, this makes buying a pair practically a bargain. Plus, buying it at certain online stores can entitle you to certain discounts or deals.
To optimize your performance at the greens, keep your feet healthy and comfortable, and look like a pro golfer, you need to get the best golf shoes money can buy. One of your best options is the Under Armour Men’s HOVR Matchplay Golf Shoes. So if you’re looking for terrific golfing footwear, better include this one in your shortlist.