In this article, we’re going to provide a comprehensive Top Flite golf club review to let you know what makes the brand exceptionally popular.
- After a thorough Top Flite golf club review, we conclude that the Top Flite XL 13-piece set is ideal for golf beginners.
- It’s excellent if you’re after improving forgiveness on every hit.
- These clubs also help maximize distance on your shots by providing a higher and straighter flight that allows for more accurate and consistent shots.
- Meanwhile, the carry bag that comes with the set provides stability without sacrificing carrying comfort.
Top Flite is one of the most prominent brands in the golf industry, although they’re no longer regarded as a premium brand like Callaway and TaylorMade. Top Flite is best known for its golf balls, having launched the first Top Flite golf balls under the Spalding banner in 1971. Eventually, the company also ventured into manufacturing clubs for golfers of all skill levels.
This year, the Top Flite XL 13-piece set of clubs hit the shelves of golf retail outlets, and the struggle to keep them in stock has been well-documented ever since.
Top Flite Golf Club Review- What’s Included:
- Pitching wedge
- 3 Wood
- 4 & 5 Hybrids
- 6-9 Irons
- Stand Bag
- Headcovers (2)
- Low center-of-gravity (COG) in each club promotes a high ball flight, ideal for golfers who struggle to get the ball in the air.
- Perimeter weighting raises the moment of inertia (MOI) for maximum forgiveness.
- Offset clubheads assist players in hitting straighter shots, especially those who tend to slice the ball.
Some of the reasons why we like the Top Flite XL golf club set are:
- Top Flite is a well-known brand whose products are the result of extensive research and development.
- This golf set provides beginners with added choices since it includes two hybrids instead of one.
- The irons have a simple cavity back design with no added features that make them ideal for beginners.
- The putter’s counterweighted design provides outstanding stability.
- The carry bag is lightweight, thus easy to transport throughout the golf course.
Although it offers numerous good qualities, the Top Flite XL golf set also has a few drawbacks. Some of them are as follows:
- The club set doesn’t have a 5 iron and a sand wedge.
- Several pockets in the carry bag are rather thin, which get easily torn off due to wear and tear.
- This set of clubs was specifically designed for players 5’6″ to 6’1″, making it unideal for taller players.
Top Flite XL 13-piece Golf Club Set: Who is it for?
If you’re looking to win your club championship, the Top Flite XL complete set isn’t probably the best bet to help improve your game.
However, if you’re a beginner who’s searching for high-quality equipment at a reasonable price that provides maximum forgiveness, this set is one of the best options you’ll find in 2021.
Even though the clubs lack the feel and workability of more advanced clubs, they more than makeup for it in terms of playability, especially for less seasoned players.
The best part of all? Top Flite clubs won’t cost you much, most certainly not an arm and a leg.
Features of the Top Flite Golf Club Set
The Top Flite XL complete set features low centers of gravity, offset club heads, and oversized golf faces. All of these elements favor golfers with high handicaps or those who are just starting out.
However, lower handicap golfers won’t be able to get their desired feel and consistency with this set of clubs.
The clubs included in the Top Flite XL set look great. The fairway wood and hybrids have a streamlined design that helps them feel thinner, more like a golf club designed for mid-handicappers.
On the other hand, the irons feature a cavity back with perimeter weighting that’s forgiving but doesn’t allow sufficient workability.
Overall, the feel of the long irons and driver is superior to that of the irons. These Top Flite golf clubs are a great alternative if you’re after a complete set for your game that’s reasonably priced and offers a decent feel and performance.
With a complete set like the Top Flite, you don’t get that many shaft choices. The woods, hybrids, and fairways are equipped with a lightweight and forgiving graphite shaft that feels exactly like a regular flex shaft for men.
Meanwhile, the irons come with a steel shaft. It’s beneficial if you’re after gaining more control and consistency, although you can expect the flex on said steel shaft to be a weak regular.
The Top-Flite Golf XL set is incredibly forgiving. The center of gravity on these golf clubs is located fairly low. That’s why if you’ve never played even a single game before, you can count on this club set to help you get started.
The graphite shafts in the driver and long clubs are great for training you to hit the ball straight. Each of the clubs included in the set has an offset design that makes them ideal for players who slice their way around the golf course.
All of the irons in the set have a wide sole and a stainless steel shaft that allow you to control them effortlessly. If you tend to be a little wild with your iron shots, the stainless steel shaft in the Top Flite XL clubs makes things a lot simpler to control.
It’s safe to say that the price of the Top Flite XL golf clubs is pretty tough to beat, especially if you take into account the excellent value the said clubs provide.
Aside from the high-performance golf clubs, you’ll also get a mallet putter and a stand bag to keep everything in. When you add them all up, the price of the Top Flite XL set is significantly lower than what each item would cost when bought separately.
There’s no shame in being a beginner. The pros of today can attest to this, as they were once at the same level as you. With regular practice and spending more time on the course, you can improve your skill level. One way to ensure that you attain your goals quickly is to use a set of golf clubs that perfectly complements your skill level.
Indeed, purchasing the Top Flite golf club set will enable you to boost your performance and achieve new heights on any playing field.